News UpdatesCalendarEducationResource CenterFAQ

Water Department
The Village of Monee Water Department supplies water service to approximately 2,000 residents and local businesses. The Monee Water department draws its water supply from two wells. The water, after chemical treatment, is pumped into two water towers. Water flows by gravity from each water tower into approximately 20 miles of distribution system.

The Village of Monee water content is:
• Ph 7.0
• Iron 0.88
• Hardness 37g per gallon

To contact the Water Department call 708-534-8301.

Don't forget to call J.U.L.I.E. before you dig.

Dial 811 or 1-800-892-0123

Hydrant Flushing
Hydrant flushing is done every 2nd Wednesday of the month from April through October. A common side effect of this procedure is rusty water for a short time following the flushing. Run your cold water tap until water is clear. It is advisable not to do laundry on these days.

Water Bills
Water bills are mailed out during the first week of the odd months and are due within thirty days. The exact payment due date is on the water bill.
Application for Village Water/Garbage Services

Choosing a Plumber
The Village cannot recommend plumbers, but we do provide helpful tips for hiring and working with plumbers. For a list of plumber in the Monee Area, visit our business directory.
Choosing a Plumber

Cloudy Tap Water
Commonly in the winter, people notice that drinking water appears cloudy. Milky water, also commonly described as cloudy, hazy, soapy, or foamy, is almost always caused by air in the water.

Freezing Water Lines
To protect your water lines from freezing:
• Seal cracks in doors, windows and foundations. Small openings concentrate cold air creating a cold zone that can quickly freeze pipes.
• Allow cold water to drip through faucets. Running or dripping water can help prevent water lines from freezing however; even running water can freeze in sub-zero temperatures.
• Consider installing water pipe insulation. Local building supply stores carry a number of products designed specifically for this purpose.
Freezing Water Lines

Sewer Back-up Information
Residents should notify the Village, before calling a plumber, anytime they experience a sewer back up.

Storm Water
Drainage problems and standing water on public property should be reported to the Village's Department of Public Works at 708-534-8301.

back to top

Home  l  Government  l  The Community  l  Business & Industry  l  Contact  l  Site Index
© Village of Monee — 708-534-8301